Our first major update on Steam Early Access is live. If you haven't grabbed a copy of the game yet, check it out on Steam! Here's what's new and updated in 0.8.1:
Each of the five regions of the kingdom now has a welcome menu, which will pop up when you unlock the first castle in a new area. They'll show you anything new you've unlocked - for now this is just potions, but down the road we'll have some special monster types as well.
Update Title Screen Menu with Volume Sliders
This has been one of our most requested updates! Click on the gear in the title screen to access this updated menu, where you can now use sliders to adjust the volume for the music and sound effects individually.
Bug Fixing & Polish
Here's the full list of everything else that has been updated in this build:
- Lightning ball graphics and timing polish
- "Can't make a spell that big" error message now updated to tell you what the maximum spell is for that region
- Bug fix: Multiple menus could be opened at the same time
- Bug fix: Potions occasionally stacked on top of each other
- Bug fix: Potions didn't always properly rotate as they moved
- Bug fix: Players could recycle spells even after they won or lost the level, delaying the menu pop-up
- Bug fix: Potions could be used on spells, the spellbook, or other potions
- Bug fix: Catapults weren't being destroyed when the towers crumbled, and weren't moving through the open tower spaces properly
Let us know what you think of the updates in the forums! We have a very small team and we're working hard to make this game as amazing as we can - please help us out by leaving a review!