It was a little bit unclear how many monsters were left in the level, so we've added in two new features to help. The first is the Progress Meter. This bar in the upper-left hand corner of the game will show how close you are to the end of the level. The second is the catapults - they'll show up at the end of the level to push any straggling monsters forward! (Don't worry, they won't fire on the towers.. yet).
We're added in all new art, sound effects and particle effects for the freeze potion. Ice blocks fall down from the sky, and crack apart as the turns progress. Have you tried out this potion yet? You'll unlock it in the icy tundra area.
With all the new goodies going in this week, it was important that we didn't bog down the game. We went in and cleaned everything up, so the game should be running more smoothly than ever!
More tutorial revisions - what an enormous surprise! We're continuing to work on this every week, and we think the tutorial is in really great shape. Let us know what you think!
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes & Polish
Here's the full list of all the little things that have been updated since the last build:
- Bug fixed: the game takes 5-10 seconds to quite
- Increased size of the stars on the castle flags in the world map
- Renamed "Pause" menu to "Menu"
- New audio: ambient monster noises, additional ambient environment noises
- Equation Window is now anchored to the top of the screen so it will look good in all screen resolutions
- Bug fixed: players could pick up potions through the "You Win!" menu
- New images for the Apprentice
- Bug fixed: potions sporadically would not get applied to monsters
- The Zero potion is now unlocked in the forest, and the Freeze potion is unlocked in the Tundra